OBRC offers a variety of options for health care students & health care professionals to receive lactation-based clinical experiences. We take one student/professional per week (herein referred to as an "Intern") to come and shadow at three locations, the OU Physicians Breastfeeding Clinic (outpatient), the Oklahoma Mothers' Milk Bank (OMMB), and The Lactation Center (TLC) (inpatient, via the Women's & Newborn Center at OU Children's). Rotations are scheduled year-round on a first to contact, first served basis.
Student Lactation Rotations
- Available for health care students enrolled in dietetic programs.
- Ask your internship director to contact OBRC to schedule your community rotation with us!
- Each rotation consists of approximately 2 days in the outpatient setting, 2 days in the inpatient setting and 1 day at the OMMB.
Pediatric Resident Lactation Elective
- Please click to schedule your rotation.
- Residents MUST provide, at least, A) 2 weeks notice, B) list of days they are not available (due to clinic, etc.) and C) their cell phone number.
- Rotations can vary from 1-4 weeks in length.
- The general schedule consists of spending time at the inpatient setting, the outpatient setting, and at the OMMB. Interns will have the opportunity attend any OBRC trainings and specialized meetings or events that are scheduled during their rotation.
Want to volunteer at the Oklahoma Mothers' Milk Bank? Click here.